TECHNICAL SERVICES |
The Technical Services Department plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the municipality, through the operation and maintenance of the district’s water infrastructure and services. The operational functions incorporate everything from planning and designing new projects, to the repair and maintenance of existing facilities and infrastructure.
The technical department renders cost effective, good quality and reliable water services to the community residing in the district. The Department is responsible for the management, operation and maintenance of bulk water and wastewater infrastructure and the operation and maintenance of secondary bulk water and reticulation.
The Technical Services Department is responsible for ensuring that communities have access to clean and safe drinking water, as well as proper sanitation systems. This includes managing water treatment plants, maintaining and repairing water infrastructure, and monitoring water quality. The department also works to educate the public on water conservation and the importance of proper sanitation practices.
In addition to these core functions, the Department is responsible for disaster management and the development of new water sources. Overall, the water and sanitation department plays a crucial role in maintaining the health and well-being of communities.
- Providing clean and safe drinking water to the residents of the district. This includes the management of water treatment plants, reservoirs, and distribution systems.
- Maintaining and repairing the water infrastructure, including pipes, pumps, and treatment plants.
- Monitoring the quality of the water supply ensuring it meets all regulatory standards.
- Managing the collection, treatment, and disposal of wastewater:
- Operating sewage treatment plants
- Managing the disposal of wastewater through pipes, septic tanks, or other means.
- Developing and implementing policies and regulations related to water and sanitation in the district.
- Educating the public about water conservation and the importance of maintaining a clean water supply.
- Responding to emergencies related to the water supply or the sewage system.
- Working with local municipalities to ensure compliance with water and sanitation regulations.
- Developing and implementing plans for long-term water and sanitation infrastructure improvements in the district.